Thursday, September 17, 2015

When Beauty and Strength Collide

Motherhood is a rush. The weight and the passion to love and direct and protect my children is like nothing I've ever experienced - and at the same time, I experience the delicacy of the "small" moments, where I witness the tender beauty of God's being in the middle of the massive whirlwind that motherhood is. Somehow, all of these things happen at the same time in every moment of every day, and as I sit here processing the days highs and lows while my home is quiet, and what's done is done, I am reminded of this:



On a recent trip to the mountains, something caught my eye - wildflowers growing directly out of the side of the mountains. In one of those God-wink type of moments I realized that it was an image of my God that I hadn't quite put together before. Yes, the Lord is good, kind, gracious, and loving. Yes, God is mighty, strong, all powerful, and my refuge. But He is all things at all times. He is not strong only when I am weak. He is not grace only when I need it. He IS. He just IS. And that delicate flower growing out of that strong mountain is the perfect representation of all that I have in Him. He is the SAME, yesterday, today, forever. His love is unchanging, his might is amazing, and his grace is forever. Precious and delicate as a flower is his love for me, strong and mighty as a mountain is His power and his purpose in me. And when I know that those things are all at work in me day in and day out, life, motherhood, marriage - it all seems less daunting. Because I have the one in me who can move a mountain and yet create exquisite beauty in the same breath, because that is just who He is. And to think that He is who is within me, that is too beautiful for words. 

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

bgrnd