Orange cranberry sauce, coconut pecan sweet potatoes, cornbread dressing, rolls, and spinach cranberry goat cheese salad. On the other hand, things I HATE making are mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and deviled eggs. Basically all of the things that need to be made the day of.
Here we go!
I LOVE how easy yet different this is! The citrus adds the perfect twist to the same 'ol dish. All you have to do is combine 1 bag (2 cups) of cranberries, with 1 cup of orange juice, and 1 cup of sugar. Boil it and then turn it to a simmer for 10 minutes (you will hear the berries "popping") and then just mash it up with a potato masher and let it cool. It will get a little more jelly like as it cools.
So stinking amazing. It should probably be a dessert!
- 4 large cooked sweet potatoes, skin removed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick melted butter
- Combine all ingredients other than the toppings and mix on low speed until cake batter consistency.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over top
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
For this recipe I use commercial yeast. If you are using active dry yeast, change the ten minute rise to a 1 hour rise, punch down, and continue as written.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 4 teaspoons yeast
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 t salt
- Combine ingredients in a stand mixer and mix on low speed for 4 minutes
- Let stand ten minutes
- Flip onto counter and roll with a rolling pin
- slice (like a checkerboard) into 36 squares
- Wrap notes, bible verses, etc in tinfoil and place between two squares
- Squish each set of two squares into a greased cupcake pan
- Let rise 30-45 minutes or until doubled
- bake at 350 for 20 minutes
- flip out immediately onto cooling rack
To see my appetizer roundup click HERE