Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Favorites!

Happy Friday! It's time to link up with AndreaErika, and Narci!





"A Prayer for the Home" is one of my favorite songs, I've been listening to it all week, and I would really like to do something with the lyrics in my home. If you have any ideas, throw them at me!



"Grant them peace, most precious gift of all
Keep the worried world far away and small
When they return, may quiet fill their souls,
Dearest Lord, keep them safe within it's walls.

May the stone be cool beneath their feet.
The canyon breezes circle soft and sweet
When darkness falls, the stars and opal moon
Find them wrapped in each other, ever warm.

May it be a refuge for their love,
A harbor for their deepest prayer.
May they come to flourish in the grove,
Grow ever nearer to You there.

Many a burdened friend in their company rises,
A heavy heart is soon released to fly.
May their table be blessed with laughter and with grace
And by the comfort of kinship be surprised.

May the cold wind blow far from their front door

May the winter rains never bring them harm
May their hearth fires burn throughout the night
Grant them sleep until morning's perfect light."




We all miss my Uncle dearly, and so I'm pretty sure my entire family was glued to the TV on Monday. Although I'm sure the view was ten times better from Heaven!




Speaking of TV, I've been re-watching the entire series of FRIENDS. I watched it in middle and high school with my mom, so it brings back tons of memories. I'm hooked again! Unfortunately, 4:30 AM is about the only time my kids aren't around to see it, too! And on that note, it's been too long since we've been to NYC. Time to change that up!



Father's Day! I have been so blessed with the best husband, father, father-in-law, brother, grandpas, and uncles! That's quite a list. And so nobody goes unnoticed on father's day around here. We will start celebrating tonight and carry it through until Sunday with different groups of people. My husband's only request  - "please don't try to surprise me and like, take us to Disney or anything!" Haha! So I'm thinking about taking him to Bass Pro and telling him on the highway that we're headed to Disney World. Is that mean? 




I'm in the middle of putting together our homeschool portfolio to be reviewed next week, and combing back through so many memories, combined with seeing the growth that happens in one short year, really makes me reflect on what the tone of our homeschool is. If I could go back to one day in our homeschool and relive it over and over, it would be the day we were studying the Inuit culture, and I was a little too pregnant with Baby E to do much more than sit and play and read with my darling. We ended up with a rare cool November morning, opened the windows, made some hot chocolate, and soaked up every moment. That memory is SO strong in my mind, it really could've been yesterday, and though I know I can't re-create it, I plan on relaxing and pajama-ing more during this next school year! The moments just FLY by, I want to have as many of these days as I possibly can! 


Happy Weekend!!!

In case you missed it:












11 comments:

  1. I love Friends. I re-watched a whole lot of it when I was pregnant with my 2nd and my 1st was napping. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet quiet moments! Where have they all gone? :) happy weekend to you too!

      Delete
  2. I wasn't surprised that the Blackhawks took it home again, they are just so good! I am going to have to re-watch Friends, and I love the memory you shared from homeschooling. So special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Friends too, it never gets old! Loved your memory from homeschooling. To be honest, I love reading your blog so much because it reminds me of when I was home with my girls "homeschooling", aka doing daycare, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara, every comment from you is just so encouraging! Thanks for 'stopping by' today :)

      Delete
  4. Friends is such a hilarious show that still holds up today, so many years later! I used to watch it every night before bed. I could quote most of that show :) I've since switched to watching how i met your mother at night.

    I love that the Blackhawks won too! (I'm from Chicago)

    Hot chocolate is the best. Enjoy those sweet little moments, you're right they do fly by!

    Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Friends! I watch it a lot of nights and it never gets old! No, it's not mean and I definitely think you should trick him :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Friends!! I also have been binge watching it :) If you plan a trip to NYC, I have a great list of places to go over on my blog! Have a great weekend :) Seri from www.serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much I love about this post..Friends, yes! Always my go to! I was home-schooled all 12 years and am now an administrative assistant at a home-school cover group in Alabama so I love seeing positive posts about it. Thanks!

    www.lindsayotis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Friends!! And I definitely want to go back to New York sometime!

    ReplyDelete

bgrnd