Thursday, January 15, 2015

Dinner Tonight: Honey Mustard Brisket

Ah, Thursday. 
\
Thursday is my "nobody wants to do any more school" day...
Thursday is my cleaning for the cleaning ladies day...
Thursday is my prepping for co-op day...
Thursday is my "wait around all day for piano lessons" day...
Thursday is my husbands longest work day...
Thursday is my grocery planning day...
Thursday is my least favorite gym day (and I am TOTALLY playing hookie today)...
Thursday apparently is my "give the baby m&ms so I can blog" day...

Thursday...stinks. And therefore, Thursday is my crock-pot day.

But this dinner, people, makes Thursday the best day of the week! 


Ingredients:
  • 3-4 lb flat cut brisket
  • bottle of honey mustard
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 red onion
Directions:
  1. Salt and pepper brisket on both sides
  2. Coat skillet with olive oil and sear both sides of brisket over med-high heat
  3. Pour half the bottle of honey mustard on bottom of crock-pot, place brisket on top, and cover with remainder.
  4. Cook on low 8 hours.
  5. When brisket is finished, pull apart with two forks.
  6. Slice and caramelize red onion to use as garnish.
So darn good. So darn easy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

bgrnd