Thursday, February 27, 2014

Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies!



I've been on a whoopie pie kick lately, thanks to my Valentine's Day baking marathon, and as Easter approaches, it's time to kick things up a notch!

Let me begin by saying this: I break our family rules when it comes to the whoopie pie - I use boxed mix and all of it's chemical goodness. I also use canned icing (that's even gross to TYPE) when I'm in a real rush. Now that I've put out that disclaimer, you can not judge me. Here are the simple instructions:

For the cookie:
1 box carrot cake mix
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup butter or oil
1/2 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix all ingredients and drop by tablespoonful 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to rack.

For the icing:
1 stick butter, softened
1 block of cream cheese at room temp
2 cups confectioners sugar
vanilla

Beat ingredients together until combined, OR open a can of store bought cream cheese icing :)

Drop spoonful of icing on a cookie and press another on top. It's that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

bgrnd