Saturday, January 19, 2013

As surely as the sun rises

I've never felt the presence of the Lord so strongly that I am physically exhausted after time with Him. He broke me. But I wanted it. Well, He wanted it. He asked me to pray for it and accept it, I did, and together, WE wanted it.  For the past two days (not long) I have been praying for something. Of course, my interpretation of what that meant looked way different than God's. I know that now.

I knew that I had heard Him right, I felt the warfare, and for the past two days that is all I have felt. Not the relief. Maybe He just wanted me to come to a point where I truly believed that He would rescue me, that he could. And he did.

I am overjoyed, but broken.

It is never pretty when someone vomits, yet we know it serves a better purpose - getting the yuck out. In the same way, it does not always look beautiful when the Lord purges strongholds from their stagnant resting place in our souls. But it is beautiful. SO beautiful.

He LOVES me enough to bring me to this moment in my life.


“Come, let us return to the Lord.

He has torn us to pieces
    but he will heal us;
he has injured us
    but he will bind up our wounds.
After two days he will revive us;
    on the third day he will restore us,
    that we may live in his presence.
Let us acknowledge the Lord;
    let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
    he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
    like the spring rains that water the earth.

-Hosea 6:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

bgrnd