Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Lunch Meal Prep

So it has been a LONG WHILE since I've done a lunch prep post (check out some of my old posts HERE) and I figured I would switch things up a bit! John now works "traditional" hours, and no longer needs to pack a dinner, as well, so I stopped prepping his lunches for a bit, until I realized that it would still benefit us greatly!

First things first, be sure to check out my video so you can see what we brought for sides, snacks, etc.




First up are these black bean taquitos from Budget Bytes (link HERE) - I followed her recipe closely, subbing whole wheat tortillas, and adding some chopped spinach for an extra boost of nutrition.On the side, I added a half of an avocado (with a splash of lime juice to keep green), salsa, and a lime. These are very filling, so a piece of fruit on the side for late afternoon is all we needed to add this week.


Next we have these quinoa bowls from Sweet Peas and Saffron (link HERE). Again, I followed the recipe closely, adding some chickpeas as well.



THIS pasta salad was the bomb. I used organic GF corn and quinoa pasta to keep it a little lighter for lunch (whole wheat pasta is just too heavy for me mid day!) but we each had to a little splash of red wine vinegar in the morning so it wasn't too dry for lunch. Another recipe I followed with a twist - olives. Can't have pasta salad without olives here!



We were both in the mood for some lettuce cups this week. I simply sauteed a bunch of veggies (cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers, etc.) with some garlic, ginger, and orange zest, and then added THIS homemade hoisin sauce. We each grabbed a couple of pieces of lettuce, and called it done! This particular week also included some extra salad from dinner and some muffins for an afternoon pick me up. 



We are simple people, so we finished off this month's meal prep with our favorite of the lunches - the taquitos! This time, I baked them, and they were JUST as delicious! I also added some pinto beans and cut down on the cream cheese. The pinto beans kept the "creamy" consistency up just fine. I added a side of roast butternut squash, and we were happy campers!  




2 comments:

  1. Would love to see the salad and dressing recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What healthy, fresh lunches. Wish you could make mine for me too!

    ReplyDelete

bgrnd