Monday, February 10, 2020

Valentine's "Class" Party Ideas

Happy Valentine's Week! 

Today I'm sharing some fun activities we've done to celebrate a nice low key, at home, valentines "class" party.

My number one recommendation happens to be totally FREE, and that is the Hearts Drawing Challenge from Yellow Spot: Sun - my kids LOVED this last year, and we will be repeating it this week!


This year we used an idea from Little Pine Learners and we made some clay and nature (or store bought) valentines.



The kids rolled out their clay...



...picked some petals and made their designs...




...and finished it off with a layer of Mod Podge.



These took two days to dry (air dry clay) and then I came through with a second layer of Mod Podge just as precaution. The reason we went with store bought flowers was the artificial dyes - I wanted the kids to still see some color once the petals dried. As you can see, the dye really came in handy here ;) You can also buy pre-pressed flowers that retain some bright colors, as well.



For the younger crew, I used Teaching Mama's baking soda heart idea. She is full of fun ideas, and I often check my emails for her newsletters and posts. I love her simple and fun experiments.





We also really enjoyed her Candy Heart Math sheets last year, and then we went to Teachers Pay Teachers to round up some more candy heart math and science experiments, as well!




Another really great freebie is the Valentine's Day Doodle Town by Andrea at Momfessionals. I, myself, love coloring and doodling along with my kiddos! 

That's a wrap on our Valentine's Day roundup. Make sure to tag me if you try any of these fun ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

bgrnd