Tuesday, January 15, 2019

DOUBLE Meals of the Week

Hey everybody! Here's what we've had for dinner the last few weeks, hope it gives you some meal planning inspiration! If you've popped on over from my YouTube channel, here are the recipes to go along with what I shared there. The pictures aren't the best, but I'm pretty sure I can't steal other bloggers' food pictures, so I had to make due with what I could grab during the dinner rush! We ate out a couple of times, as documented in my video, but as far as what was cooked at home:

Cream of Brussels Sprouts Soup


Recipe HERE
Twice a week I double a recipe, which we use for leftovers two other nights that week, and I try to make at least one of those meals plant based for my husband and I. This is a delicious recipe, that is easily plant based by swapping out the butter for a non dairy alternative, and using veggie stock in place of the chicken stock. Brussels sprouts naturally break down into a VERY creamy consistency without adding any dairy. We served this with grilled cheese for our younger three.  

Smoked Chicken, Salad, and Rolls


Self explanatory...this was another meal we doubled up on that particular week. Pictured here is the meal en route to someone else's home for a meal delivery.

Ham and Swiss Quiche, Salad



I was making a few quiche for a brunch at my house, so I decided to throw another in the oven for dinner to keep things simple. Typically, I love THIS pie crust recipe, but for the sake of hosting a group, I went the pre-made route. The recipe for this quiche is as follows:

1 Pie Shell
1 Cup Ham
8 oz swiss cheese, shredded
1 cup chopped spinach
2 tsp dried minced onion
6 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream (or whole milk works fine)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix ham, cheese, spinach, and onion and fill crust (it may look like too much filling, but will cook down). Mix eggs, cream, salt, and pepper, and pour over top. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes until firm in the middle.

Sloppy Joes, Fruit, and Chips


Keepin' it real post-aforementioned brunch at my house with a super simple meal, a la Pioneer Woman. THIS sloppy joe recipe is the. best. ever.

Green Smoothies


Yep. That's all we ate this night, but following a decadent Three Kings Day meal at my sister-in-laws house, we just needed a little something to get us through the night. A little orange juice/water/spinach/mango/banana/hemp and we were good to go.

Chicken Curry, Salad, Rice


This one is a family recipe, BUT I love THIS recipe, as well! 

Black Bean Enchiladas and Guac


You can find this recipe on my Instagram stories under "recipes". Easy, less than 10 minutes of prep! Click HERE.

Curry Casserole and Broccoli


A couple of nights later I stretched the two pieces of curry chicken left and made a curry chicken casserole. Curry is SO yummy a few days later, after the spices sit a bit!

Swedish Meatballs, Lingonberry Jam, and Veggies


Thanks, IKEA, for making dinner EASY after a day at Magic Kingdom! Also, I was too tired to make mashed potatoes, so veggies it was!

Italian Beef Sandwiches


This day called for a picnic dinner in the driveway, and THIS recipe was a huge hit with my crew! I followed the advice in the comments and used beef broth in place of water. Veggie sticks and ranch on the side, and I had some happy campers! 

Chocolate Cupcakes


We love to finish a Sunday dinner with dessert and games, and THIS recipe has been on my to-do list for about a month. It was worth the wait!

Now, what's for dinner at YOUR house this week?? Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

bgrnd