Monday, July 2, 2018

Preschool Tag

Hey everyone! Today's post is answering some questions about homeschooling for preschool, and I was tagged by Momma Schmooze Reviews! Thanks, friend!



Questions:
1. What is your preschooler's favorite picture book(s)?
Eli is a little book worm, and gravitates toward books he can "read" himself, meaning picture books, number books, or shine a light books. These are his favorite at the moment and you can find them HERE


 He also LOVES the PRESS HERE series




2. How do you teach them the ABCs, colors, shapes, and numbers 
(shows, tablets, hands on, etc.)
In the past, we've used a lot of pinterest for this, most specifically the letter of the week crafts, but this upcoming year, we will be using the reading corner, check out my review HERE. He also sits through most of our school days, and little ones are sponges!

3.Do you use a curriculum with your preschooler? If so, mention curriculum choices.

We've used Five in a Row and some printables from 1+1+1=1, but this upcoming year, we're sticking with some FIAR, but bringing in The Reading Corner and Let's Play School

4. What are your favorite websites to use to teach prek?

We've always loved 1+1+1=1, and Delightful Learning!

5. Do you take your preschooler to any community activities on a weekly basis?
Yes, beyond county sports, we meet once a month with friends and celebrate a holiday with a "class party" or field trip, as well as a weekly homeschool PE class that he participates in.

6. How long (approx) do you teach your preschooler each day?
Honestly...other than helping me in the kitchen, which he LOVES, and participating with my older kids' schooling, I usually only sit and do one on one instruction for about 15 minutes with him while my older kids work on their Teaching Textbooks. I use Five in a Row specifically FOR him, but still have my older kids participate, so that isn't necessarily one on one instruction. I also bring age appropriate activities into our morning basket and family subjects, so he tends to have upwards of an hour to an hour and a half of concentrated "school" time each day, but specific preschool skills - 15-25 minutes max. 

7. What are their favorite educational shows to watch?
We're not big into TV here as of yet, so if I had to take a guess...Leap Frog? Other than Man v. Wild...is that educational? 

8. How do you occupy your little one while teaching your older kids (if this applies to you)?
See answer 6 :)

9. What is your favorite educational toy to use for teaching?
We have SO many favorite educational toys, but if I had to pick just one...probably this one:
That's it! If you'd like to check out my video answering these questions more candidly, with some random advice at the end, check it out here:




some links are affiliate, thank you for supporting my blog! 

1 comment:

  1. Love your corresponding blog post! I think I am going to do this too! (maybe lol)

    ReplyDelete

bgrnd