Thursday, July 26, 2018

ALDI Haul and Two Week Meal Plan

Hey everybody! One more day until the weekend, we've got this!!!

If you haven't watched my grocery haul, now's the time to do so:


So let's hop right into it, our meal plan (including some pantry and freezer staples that I had on hand and a quick produce stand trip in the middle) is as follows:

Breakfast Rotation
  • Green smoothies (I pre-portion and freeze ingredients, including spinach, in bags, so fresh spinach lasts longer)
  • Avocado toast or almond butter toast
  • Eggs and fruit (when John is up and at 'em! I hardly make eggs on my own)
  • Oatmeal

Kids Lunches
  • Snack Trays (this is what I do most often, alternating babybel, fresh fruit, granola, cheddar puffs, popcorn, and smoothies)
  • PB&J, fruit, veggies and hummus
  • Grilled cheese, fruit or veggies
  • Macaroni and fruit/veggies

Adult Lunches
  • Freezer black bean taquitos (recipe soon)
  • Salad (I keep a salad bar prepped in our fridge)
  • Snacky lunch (nuts, veggies, hummus, fruit, dates, etc.)
  • Smoothies on the weekends

Dinners
(I am currently cooking Monday and Tuesday, using Monday's leftovers Wednesday, and Tuesday's leftovers Thursday. I just change it up a bit with a different side or veggie.)

M - Coconut curry, "Rainbow Rice" - recipe on my instagram stories
T - Chicken and broccoli in peanut sauce, rice, asian salad
W - Monday leftovers with mango
Th - Tuesday leftovers with oranges
F - Homemade pizza (w/ peppers, onions, and mushrooms)
S - Mississippi Roast, mashed potatoes, green beans
Su - Potluck at church

M - Breakfast Burrito Bowl (roast potatoes, peppers, onions, fresh egg on top)
T - Chicken Alfredo and broccoli
W - Monday leftovers with fruit
Th - Tuesday leftovers with fruit
F - Homemade pizza
S - breakfast for dinner
Su - Potluck at church

Snacks 
  • Rice Krispies
  • apples/bananas and peanut butter
  • carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, and hummus
  • yogurt
  • granola bars
  • grapes, mangoes, etc.
  • pickles

3 comments:

  1. I would love to know some of your smoothie recipes you use for your kids. I feel like whenever I attempt to make a smoothie for my 5 yr old, she says she doesn't like the taste. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

bgrnd